Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bezel Rings Continued

I felt pretty good about my bezel set pieces, so I selected a larger stone and decided to try something a little different with the band.  I measured, cut, filed and soldered a strip of scalloped bezel wire to fit around my "snowflake obsidian" stone.
After soldering the bezel walls to a sheet of silver, I trimmed off the excess sheet.  (Same as the previous bezel rings.)

I took two pieces of 16 ga silver wire and soldered them to make rings.  Then I hammered them on the corner of a steel block to flatten one section.
When I lined the two rings up, they looked like this:
After soldering them together, I used pliers to stretch the open section a little more.  I then filed them flat to provide a surface on which to solder the bezel cup.
Once the piece had been soldered pickled and cleaned, I popped the obsidian cap in and burnished the bezel wall.







No comments:

Post a Comment