Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What I do

I am an art teacher.  I love teaching and I like the fact that I have to know about a lot of different media and techniques.  Experimenting and exploring a wide range of media from drawing to painting to screen printing keeps me inspired.  I also like working in metal.

I was lucky enough to have an outstanding teacher to get me started in metals.  He was a master silversmith and he was as talented in his craft as he was enthusiastic about sharing it.  He taught me a ton when I was just a high-school student.  I took a hiatus in metal-work for many years and now I am revisiting it.

I love my job as a teacher, but it doesn't leave me with much time to pursue my own art.  However, I am on maternity leave this year and I intend to spend my time playing with my new baby and making lots and lots of art.  So far, the baby has left me with very little extra time - but here is what I have been up to:
Etching!

2 comments: