Friday, February 1, 2013

Flowers for Valentine's Day

Now that it's February, I've been thinking about Valentine's day.  Jewelry and flowers make great gifts for your valentine, so I was inspired to make a set of jewelry using one of my favorite flowers: the dahlia.

I started out with a rough triangular piece of copper, then trimmed, filed and sanded the edges smooth.
Next, I drilled holes in the top two corners and threaded jump rings through them.  I attached some chain and soldered the jump rings closed.  Then I used my pliers to bend a piece of 16 gauge copper wire into a catch.




I oxidized the copper surface, then used my rotary tool to "draw" my design, exposing the shiny copper.  It seemed like a good idea to make a matching pair of earrings.
Both of these items are for sale in my etsy shop, Coppermare.

No comments:

Post a Comment